I don’t know about you guys but I love paring cheese and fruit; they compliment each other so well! I also love onions especially caramelized onions and I will find a reason to eat them with just about anything! Sandwiches, fish, soup or just by themselves…it doesn’t matter to me.
So, when I tasted the Lady Alice apples from Rainier Fruit Co. and discovered just how sweet and delicious they are, I immediately wanted to somehow combine all these ingredients (apple, cheese and caramelized onions) to create one scrumptious dish. Initially I was thinking panini but because I already had pizza dough at home that needed to be used, I decided to make a pizza instead. I dont regret my decision at all, this recipe turned out great!
- Pizza dough, homemade or store bought works.
- 1 cup Caramelized Onions
- 1 Lady Alice apples, sliced
- 7 0z Brie, sliced
- Agave (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If you are using fresh pizza dough, roll it out to the desired thickness and top with the sliced brie.
- Then, top with the caramelized onions and the sliced apples. Drizzle with a little agave.
- Pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the brie has melted.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before slicing and serving.
*Devoted Foodie Notes & Tips*
- You can use any apple or cheese you like. Feel free to adjust quantities to your liking.
Comment below: What are some of your favorite food pairings?