Happy Sunday, friends!
On this edition of Sit & Sip, I am sharing recipes AND articles I’ve found this week. This will hopefully make up for the fact that I didn’t post on Friday–sorry about that. As you may already know, I started grad school this week which means things have been a littler crazy around here.
…You know the drill, find a cozy spot, grab your drink of choice and Sit & Sip as you enjoy this post 🙂
1. Just the way I like them, crispy around the edges and chewy in the center. Flourless Maple Almond Butter Cookies.
2. Healthy Living Blogger’s definition of a Vacation. This made me giggle and then got me thinking…Is it true dedication and passion? Is it image issues ( and I’m not talking about body image), are we concerned about what readers or colleagues think that we feel the need to keep appearances even while vacationing? And for my none bloggers, how many of you are guilty of bringing work with you while you are suppose to be on vacation? Why do you do it and how do you find the perfect balance between work and play?
3. Tell me this Garlic Butter Salamon w/ Caramelized Shallot Relish doesn’t look/sound delicious.
4. This and this are great reminders of what it means to follow a healthy balanced lifestyle. Don’t get too caught up in the good vs bad foods. Try consuming a mostly whole food/nutrient dense diet but know that it’s ok to eat other foods as well. The key is to make it work for you! Everything in moderation 🙂
5. Dessert Nachos–What more can you ask for?
6. Caramel Toffee Apple Parfaits. Yum!
7. Farmers Market Vouchers May Improve Access to Healthy Food. You all know I love farmers markets and I am a big advocate for promoting a healthy and blanked lifestyle and part that means making fruits and vegetables accessible and affordable to everyone!
8. Talk about a beautiful dish! Love the photography, the vibrant color of this soup and the flavors! Carrot, Tomato & Coconut Soup.
10. Phyllo-Wrapped Chocolate Pear Dumplings. These almost look too pretty to eat.
This is what you miss on Devoted Foodie this week: (Easy) Avocado Ranch Dressing, and Pan Fried Plantain topped with Smoked Salmon, Avocado Slices and a sprinkle of Gorgonzola
See you on tomorrow with a new recipe 🙂