Do you love coconut?
Do you love chocolate?
Do you love coconut + chocolate?
If you answered yes to any of these questions than this recipe is definitely for you!
Growing up I enjoyed munching on toasted shredded coconut sprinkled with cinnamon. It doesn’t sound like anything spectacular but trust me, it’s delicious! Toasting your shredded coconut with just cinnamon creates this rich nutty flavor that can elevate any dish. But if you’re like me, you will snack on the toasted coconut like it’s popcorn. Once you start eating these coconut flakes you won’t be able to stop. They’re impossible to resist!
I enjoy toasted coconut SO much I’ve been looking for an excuse to make another batch. I was feeling inspired this week so instead of the usual toasted recipe, I fused two ideas together:
- My sister’s “coconut balls” which kinda reminded me of Almond Joys and,
- My love for granola.
The end result = Almond Joy Inspired Granola. This truly is a match made in heaven. It’s chocolatey, nutty, crunchy and oh so delicious! It’s definitely a marvelous monday 🙂
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Pour onto a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. These won’t take long to bake so keep and eye on them.
Sweet or Savory: How do you like to enjoy coconut?
What’s an easy snack you just LOVE?