HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!
Thank you for the One Lovely Blog Award, Justina @ Justina Luther! It’s makes me so happy to know that you love my blog 🙂
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire and contact them to let them know.
1. In 2014, I started blogging again. I created my first blog back in 2009 but I didn’t keep up with it. This is partly because i felt the name was too restrictive and because I was shy/nervous of what others would think.
2. In 2015, I want to take this blog further. When I started this blog, I had so many ideas of what I wanted to do with this space but, I am finding that it takes a lot more time and planning. My blog is still in its early stages and it is continuously evolving.
3. In 2014, I followed my dreams. I started blogging again and, I connected with people in the blogging community (something I was always afraid of doing). I applied to the program of my dreams and, I was accepted. I wanted and got accepted applied to grad school (and, got in), I started this AMAZING job!
4. In 2015, I am looking forward to seeing were these opportunities take me. I hope to take more risk more with life and with my blog.
5. In 2014, I was given the opportunity to sit on my first panel. I shared my experience with AmeriCorps and Campus Kitchen. I also attend/host events were I connected with people who share my passion for nutrition, food insecurity, school gardens and school nutrition.
6. In 2015, I am looking forward to attended more conferences, speak on more panels. I want to continue to connect with people.
7. In 2015, I want to travel. I want to continue to make a difference in people’s lives. I want to be open to new opportunities.
7. Bev Cooks
13. The Roasted Root
14. Closet Cooking
This is how I was able to remain sane, focused and happy — My Favorite Trends of 2014.
The Runny Egg
Avocado on EVERYTHING & ANYTHING
Farmers Market/Veggie Galore
The Campus Kitchen Project/ Campus Kitchen at UGA
What were some of your favorite things/moments of 2014?
Hello stranger, Merry Christmas! Sorry for the long silence…I am away visiting my parents for the holidays and the Internet doesn’t always cooperate. I haven’t been able to post as often as I would have liked. But, it feels so good to be back home for the holidays surrounded by family and childhood friends. As 2014 comes to an end, I’ve been toying with the idea of doing a “2014 Recap & Favorites Series”. *fingers crossed the Internet will be on my side these next couple of days and my scheduled posts go up* First up in the series is this “2014 Healthy Living Blogger Survey” which I “stole” from Arman @ The Big Man’s World— thanks, Arman!
Happy “No Waste Wednesday”,
I repurpose ingredients and leftovers to create new recipes that are just as delicious in hopes that: 1) you don’t get tired of eating the same dish all week long, or forget about them in the back of the fridge 2) you don’t waste/throw out your food
Happy No Waste Wednesday!
Long time no talk–Hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving 🙂 I celebrate with family and friends #FriendsgivingPotluck. It felt so good to be home! I’m thankful for the time spent with them. I’m also thankful that the semester is almost over! No more papers or tests. More time with friends and family. Guilt free Netflix binge. More Sleep…I can’t wait! Because I’m in such a festive mode, I sharing some of my Thanksgiving eats AND a new recipe/how to use your thanksgiving leftovers. My Collard Wrapped Cornbread Stuffing is a fun, creative twist on two classic dishes–cornbread stuffing and collard greens!